A lot of work has been done on the project in the last days.
I have managed to:
- model & texture map the Gahurova street you can see on screenshots below
- which also means that more than half of the all roads are done!
- make some remapping to save a texture space (dashed / solid line textures)
- create new textures (for example the cobble stone & concrete bus stop ground)
- optimize the mesh, especially the bus station in those areas you cannot enter – there is no need of such dense mesh
So far everything is going well, performance is still full 60 fps when testing on my old laptop with Intel HD 3000 graphics.
But I have realized it will be a challenge to achieve some nice / realistic view from the bridge, I don’t suppose that RBR engine would be able to render all those surrounding areas. I think the key could be using a clipping planes and use some photos that will fit the game lighting / models… or combine it somehow with the modelled track. Furtunately this is not something I should care about at this stage of the development 🙂
If you like my work, please consider supporting me, it will allow me to spend more time on the track.
Thank you and stay tuned! 🙂